Four Girls and a Guy

Welcome to our blog for our University College World Politics class!!!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

He's got the whole world in his hands

Yes it probably will because, no matter what, the concept of sovereignty will exist. However, the concept will change in one hundred years as one can see it has changed in the past 50 years. Because the world is becoming smaller relationships are increasing and the need for cooperation is great. I wrote my paper about how the new form of sovereignty is to be a part of international organizations such as the EU, and if luck have it establish and run your own.
I disagree with Beka because I believe that these international organizations such as the EU are strictly there for economic means and will not form an international government. I don’t think that it will be possible for the entire world to be under one rule because our prejudices would not allow for this to happen. For example, I don’t think Israel and Palestine will solve their problems in the next 100 years and if we wanted them, how would we make them? Also is it our job to make them? I don’t believe it is our job to make them and I also don’t think that it would be good for the economy to have one state. I know it would allow means for free trade. However, by forming one country the economic state of Africa would greatly hurt the US’s economic status and frankly I don’t think any American President would want to give up power to an international government.
I think that by joining such organizations such as the EU and IMF the country will be at a greater chance of surviving and once established in the international organizations should manipulate the circumstances in their favor to prosper. This is what I think the “introduction to world politics” class will be. These tactics will be studied and by then examples will be established; maybe a few wars will have been fought over this new concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home