Four Girls and a Guy

Welcome to our blog for our University College World Politics class!!!

Monday, November 06, 2006

It's All About the Benjamins Baby

I will be the first to admitt (and apoligize for) my lack of intrest in friday's class. I found the vast array of questions regarding the question of "what is wealth" to boring and did not see how they related to IR. However, reflecting on the class later, I realized that questions of wealth versus poverty are essencial to how nations relate to each other. What makes a country a developed one and not a member of the third world? This question can be answered by how we as a global community view what wealth is. However, I felt this question to be answered far easier and faster than we did in class. As Darcy stated in her post, wealth is determined by the goverment, which states how much their nation's currency is worth and how that currency translates on a global scale. I completely disagree with the notion that wealth, at least in terms of IR, is determined by how many friends you have. I think that one must remeber that this is a world politics class and that we shouldn't compare apples and oranges. Wealth in my opinion is measured by the value of your currency. The more weight your currency hold in the international community, the wealthier your nation is. But I'm always open to comments if anyone thinks different!

2 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

Emma I completely agree with you because as one can see the US is one of the wealthiest nations in the world. This is due strictly to the economic state of our country. If we took a popularity test right now to determine who was the "wealthiest" country in the world, I will beat anyone that it is not going to be the US. Also I just wanted to say great job in tying it into IR you should do it in class.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home